Create an account

Creating SWF files from MP4

As the title says, is it possible to turn MP4 files into SWF? I've made a video on Sony Vegas in MP4 format. However, I'm trying to convert this into SWF using Flash and I'm having some difficulties. The video is also set at 1920x1080, and when I import it into Flash, then export as a SWF, the SWF clips a huge portion of the video. Am I doing anything wrong?

Any suggestions would be great!

When you have installed flash, there will also be an "Adobe Media Encoder".
With it you can simply convert the mp4 file into flv.
Back to Flash: set the stage to the right size and Drag'n'Drop the flv file onto it.

Done

(03-07-2014, 18:57)khavatarie Wrote: When you have installed flash, there will also be an "Adobe Media Encoder".
With it you can simply convert the mp4 file into flv.
Back to Flash: set the stage to the right size and Drag'n'Drop the flv file onto it.

Done

Thanks for the suggestion! Would there possibly be any quality loss from the conversion?

(04-07-2014, 18:14)BeGentle Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion! Would there possibly be any quality loss from the conversion?

There will always be an quallity-loss, if you confert a file.
And remember: as higher the bitrate as better will the quallity be. But z0r.de has a filesize limit of 2MB. So the bitrate is mostly between 600 and 1500.

(04-07-2014, 21:32)khavatarie Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 18:14)BeGentle Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion! Would there possibly be any quality loss from the conversion?

There will always be an quallity-loss, if you confert a file.
And remember: as higher the bitrate as better will the quallity be. But z0r.de has a filesize limit of 2MB. So the bitrate is mostly between 600 and 1500.

Sorry, but i need to correct this. There won't be quality loss if you convert lossless->lossless (wav->flac) or lossy->lossless (mp3->flac, but it doesn't make sense to do that).

(25-08-2014, 09:25)namazso Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 21:32)khavatarie Wrote: There will always be an quallity-loss, if you confert a file.

Sorry, but i need to correct this. There won't be quality loss if you convert lossless->lossless (wav->flac) or lossy->lossless (mp3->flac, but it doesn't make sense to do that).

I was explaining about the video, not about the audio bitrate....
Audio with up to 1500 kbit/s? wow~ Big Grin

(25-08-2014, 10:34)khavatarie Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 09:25)namazso Wrote: Sorry, but i need to correct this. There won't be quality loss if you convert lossless->lossless (wav->flac) or lossy->lossless (mp3->flac, but it doesn't make sense to do that).

I was explaining about the video, not about the audio bitrate....
Audio with up to 1500 kbit/s? wow~ Big Grin

by theory it is the same, lossless video is possible too, it just would take insanely much space (height*width*bitdepth*framerate*lenght/8/1024/1024 MB)

for a 5 sec 720p video it'd be 527 MB

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016