Create an account

Hotlink protection

Another solution could be renaming the directory containing the loops ech day or hour or minute automatically even without a cronjob. The advantage of this method is that no user can be blocked in any way. This just prevents other pages from loading your loops who are using the static url.

When the page is accessed by any visitor a script checks when the name was last changed. The timestamp of the last change could be stored in a text file. When the name has to be changed the script scans a directory containing the directory with the loops in it (so a directory with a single directory in it is needed where the loops can be stored in). Due to the fact that in this directory is only one single directory with a name we don't know at this point the script just has to watch out for a directory and renaming this into a random name. Then this directory name will be output in the url where the client can download it from.

Additionally to reduce the traffic you could use the mod_header and mod_expire in .htaccess to take a usage of the browser cache so that the swf file doesn't need to be load every time the site is accessed.

If you are interested in using this possibility i could give you a code example...

I hope you understand my thoughts of another way doing this Mr. Green
[Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Hotlink protection - by eins - 13-06-2013, 22:22
RE: Hotlink protection - by fishpoindexta88 - 13-06-2013, 22:59
RE: Hotlink protection - by GTAzoccer - 15-06-2013, 18:07
RE: Hotlink protection - by eins - 15-06-2013, 19:57
RE: Hotlink protection - by SunRed - 16-06-2013, 01:09
RE: Hotlink protection - by glocom - 21-06-2013, 23:09
RE: Hotlink protection - by eins - 22-06-2013, 20:10

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016