Create an account

The future of z0r

I hope our z0r will upgraded successfully and show a lot of updates and good old loops and music. Thanks for all the work you have done in the past, this is an unique and wonderful site.

(01-07-2019, 00:45)Genoard Wrote:
(26-06-2019, 20:46)Terresk Wrote: In WebM you can't achieve that, but in HTML5 with JS and CSS you are able to achieve literally anything that flash can, for example 0x40 hues, I don't know if you remember them, but it started as a flash and they ported it to javascript and it's working flawless! Take a look at that: https://portal.0x40.ga/pack/22/view

Flash is not superior to HTML5 and it's components, it can't even be compared with WebM in general, two completely different things, webm is only video and flash was able to also play a video or do something completely different, it was more like a sandbox, which is HTML5 aswel it deperends solely on the users and the creativity to make new content... Content for 2019 Smile

Oh yeah, those were (and still are) cool. In fact, 420.moe and xmas.moe are both still up though xmas seems to have switched to HTML5 (or was it always? I don't remember).

While i do not disagree that with those modern web components you can achieve the same output as Flash, there is another problem with them- it is accessibility. I do believe Flash owes a big part of it's popularity to how easy and fun it was to start creating with it's intuitive WYSIWYG editor. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the same cannot be said about HTML5. For example, the page you linked runs 4 script files and after a quick look through them i did not understand a thing.

Yes there isnt a really popular sandbox like editor for html that I know of yet, but this can be done if someone is dedicated to that.

Hi, i just wanted to ask if you still are pursuing this project because i too am working on preserving this website. Currently i am working on this alone, since i thought that this board was dead which it isn't to my surprise!

(03-12-2019, 01:44)xZaWarudo Wrote: Hi, i just wanted to ask if you still are pursuing this project because i too am working on preserving this website. Currently i am working on this alone, since i thought that this board was dead which it isn't to my surprise!
Have you had any success yet? I had the thought of archiving the loops somewhere in the back of my head for quite a while and considering how the site went down for a few days not so long ago i should really get on with it. Would be very sad for all the loops to be lost.

This is late news now, but what's the progress on loop conversion? I keep the .fla of all my loops still, so I'd like to hear some more of the ones that cannot be possibly done.
my disqus account is banned, eins pls fix

Conversion was actually quite a bit worse than initially anticipated, i was able to get good (not perfect) results out of about 50% directly. About 30% needed manual work (cutting to the right length mostly) and the last 20% were even harder.
30% of nearly 8000 is still 2400, so that is a shit ton of work, and the result is not perfect.

However, there is a new hope that ive been investigating in the last year. Ruffle (a flash player emulator in web assembly) has made huge progress, and most z0r loops actually work quite good or even perfect. Ruffle can be installed as a browser extention or can be included in the webpage via javascript. I've actually just added it to z0r.de, it would be nice if some of you guys could test it.

When the flash animation can not be loaded there should now be a message if you want to try the HTML5 beta. This will load the ruffle version. Its also possible to just add ?ruffle to the URL. ( https://z0r.de/6?ruffle for example)

Some loops will not load the animation, some have errors and some will not work at all... but i think its actually pretty good already. Sadly autoplay will not work since its now blocked in most browsers. (Annoying autoplay ads are at fault here... Sad )

Tell me what you think about it.
There is a theory wich states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Hey, amazing to hear from you again eins. I'm so happy to see that progress has been made! I gave ruffle a few tries and it's pretty much as you said some work and some don't. For those that do work, however, they work perfectly fine, the loop is as seamless as ever. I don't know what exactly causes them to not work, some of my flashes that have preloaders work and others don't, but I was pleased to see this feature nonetheless.

Have you thought of publicising the incorporation of Ruffle through twitter? I bet a lot of your followers would be happy to hear of this, and it'sprobably a better way of reaching them.
my disqus account is banned, eins pls fix

Thank you Eins for sharing the news!

Ruffle works pretty well in most cases (I've tested) and I am really impressed. Yes the lack of an autoplay feature is a little bit annoying and destorys (I can't find a less dramatic word right now for some reason...) the spirit of z0r. But we can use it as a backup plan at least Cool 

I have another idea: z0r has a pretty huge community (Twitter, Forum, Discord) and maybe we have some talented people here, who are willing to convert (some) of the flash loops by hand. I know, converting almost 8000 loops may sound insane. But if we can gather enough people who know their work then maybe we can bring z0r to modern web-standards together, without being dependent by some plugins. It is just a random idea but maybe it does not hurt asking for help/feedback on twitter and discord.
z0r is love - z0r is life

I've been checking random a lot on Brave, haven't found any flashes which work. The closest I found to working was 4894 which played sound.
Strangely enough, they have all worked on Brave's tor private window.
best wotr player

(25-05-2020, 19:33)koops Wrote: I've been checking random a lot on Brave, haven't found any flashes which work. The closest I found to working was 4894 which played sound.
Strangely enough, they have all worked on Brave's tor private window.

Strange, but seems to be an issue with your browser (or maybe extensions?).
I tested with Firefox and Chrome (and Brave actually uses the chromium rendering engine) and it worked good with both.
There is a theory wich states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016