Create an account

The future of z0r

Hello everyone!

I'm planning on converting most of z0r to WebM, since (as most of you probably already know) Flash is dying.
I was successfull in creating a script that can convert about 8/10 flash loops with acceptable results. The remaining loops will have to be converted by hand or some other method.
Once this process is done, i will probably switch z0r to WebM! But dont worry, i will also preserve a "legacy" version with the Flash files, since a couple of features will be lost in the conversion process. (WebM is not interactive like some loops)

In preparation to this i want to clean out my backlog of submitted loops! This means there will be a big update (hopefully) soon.
However, since there were no updates for a long time, there is now over 1000 files to check, and i could need some help for that.
I created a little tool where you can view these files and give your opinion. This will hopefully help me to sort out the bad ones (and there is a lot of junk in there).

If you want to help, send me a PM here in the board.

Also: I will close the loop upload soon. It will re-open (for WebM loops) once the conversion is done. If you have flash loops that you want to submit, do it now!
There is a theory wich states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------mptively nostalgic about z0r potentially disappearing. All those loops lost, like tears in the rain. - thank you for your service to the public!
fané

Damn, I already thought z0r was dead, especially when the TLS certificate was expired a few weeks ago or so. Thank god, I was wrong!
That's some great news!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- guys think of the new loops?
fané

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------h?v=dsMU0LXrM5s
I didn't know it beforehand and now I've been pumping it for the last few hours – even went the extra mile and set it up as my smartphone's ringtone and alarm x)
If I only owned a holographic alarm clock ~

However, there was also a lot of great original stuff in the batch that I can't link to.
fané

(03-03-2019, 18:16)eins Wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm planning on converting most of z0r to WebM, since (as most of you probably already know) Flash is dying.
I was successfull in creating a script that can convert about 8/10 flash loops with acceptable results. The remaining loops will have to be converted by hand or some other method.
Once this process is done, i will probably switch z0r to WebM! But dont worry, i will also preserve a "legacy" version with the Flash files, since a couple of features will be lost in the conversion process. (WebM is not interactive like some loops)

In preparation to this i want to clean out my backlog of submitted loops! This means there will be a big update (hopefully) soon.
However, since there were no updates for a long time, there is now over 1000 files to check, and i could need some help for that.
I created a little tool where you can view these files and give your opinion. This will hopefully help me to sort out the bad ones (and there is a lot of junk in there).

If you want to help, send me a PM here in the board.

Also: I will close the loop upload soon. It will re-open (for WebM loops) once the conversion is done. If you have flash loops that you want to submit, do it now!

I would like to help with this process of rating which ones are good or bad if it is not too late

Oh cool, I completely overlooked this piece of news, thought z0r was done for good.

Glad that z0r is alive and the Flash is here to stay, sad that no new Flash loops will be accepted (looks like they were still being submitted from that 1000+ queue). I find Flash superior to Webm because it doesn't require external controls to loop and it just feels more authentic with that heavy image compression or custom made vector animations, things that i am sure will be missed in Webms.

(24-06-2019, 20:22)Genoard Wrote: Glad that z0r is alive and the Flash is here to stay, sad that no new Flash loops will be accepted (looks like they were still being submitted from that 1000+ queue). I find Flash superior to Webm because it doesn't require external controls to loop and it just feels more authentic with that heavy image compression or custom made vector animations, things that i am sure will be missed in Webms.

In WebM you can't achieve that, but in HTML5 with JS and CSS you are able to achieve literally anything that flash can, for example 0x40 hues, I don't know if you remember them, but it started as a flash and they ported it to javascript and it's working flawless! Take a look at that: https://portal.0x40.ga/pack/22/view

Flash is not superior to HTML5 and it's components, it can't even be compared with WebM in general, two completely different things, webm is only video and flash was able to also play a video or do something completely different, it was more like a sandbox, which is HTML5 aswel it deperends solely on the users and the creativity to make new content... Content for 2019 Smile

(26-06-2019, 20:46)Terresk Wrote:
(24-06-2019, 20:22)Genoard Wrote: Glad that z0r is alive and the Flash is here to stay, sad that no new Flash loops will be accepted (looks like they were still being submitted from that 1000+ queue). I find Flash superior to Webm because it doesn't require external controls to loop and it just feels more authentic with that heavy image compression or custom made vector animations, things that i am sure will be missed in Webms.

In WebM you can't achieve that, but in HTML5 with JS and CSS you are able to achieve literally anything that flash can, for example 0x40 hues, I don't know if you remember them, but it started as a flash and they ported it to javascript and it's working flawless! Take a look at that: https://portal.0x40.ga/pack/22/view

Flash is not superior to HTML5 and it's components, it can't even be compared with WebM in general, two completely different things, webm is only video and flash was able to also play a video or do something completely different, it was more like a sandbox, which is HTML5 aswel it deperends solely on the users and the creativity to make new content... Content for 2019 Smile

Oh yeah, those were (and still are) cool. In fact, 420.moe and xmas.moe are both still up though xmas seems to have switched to HTML5 (or was it always? I don't remember).

While i do not disagree that with those modern web components you can achieve the same output as Flash, there is another problem with them- it is accessibility. I do believe Flash owes a big part of it's popularity to how easy and fun it was to start creating with it's intuitive WYSIWYG editor. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the same cannot be said about HTML5. For example, the page you linked runs 4 script files and after a quick look through them i did not understand a thing.

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016