Create an account

z0r.de changes

Hello everyone, this is a notice that a few things will change due to the EU regulations (GPDR).

Changes that will happen today and tomorrow:
1. The board will be closed. Maybe it will stay in a read-only mode, however login or new registrations will be disabled.
2. Comments will be removed from the main site.
3. Adversiting will be removed. I will keep paying for the servers out of my own pocket for now.
4. Facebook/Twitter/etc like+share buttons will be removed.

Im sorry i have to remove these features, but i really have no other choice. Just getting the site to be in conformity with the law is a lot of work already, and i honestly have no idea what i have to provide in my privacy policy to be able to keep these features.
Failure to comply with the law could mean up to a 20 million € fine for me. This is simply a ridiculous law for smaller sites, and i hope you understand that i dont really have a choice here. Undecided

Thank you, it was nice having you around. Heart

EDIT:
Okay, i think the comments and board can stay for now.
Advertising and Share buttons however were removed. Also the Index has some issues and is offline for now.
There is a theory wich states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Sad to hear. Is there at least a small chance of these things coming back some day or is this new regulation really that bad?

too bad..
hopefully in the near future there is a way to return the features or revive z0r in its whole  Smile
O_-------------------

breit gebaut, braun gebrannt, 100 kilo hantelbank

can't you replace the forum with something like disqus? this way it's their problem, and they have lawyers and staff.

I know the new EU regulations can be a pain in the butt as a website operator. But is it really necessary to close an entire board and comment section to satisfy the new regulations? Aren't there other solutions? In fact I am not a lawyer but it seems strange to me that you are forced to take these drastic actions.

It's a huge bummer for me to say goodbye to our community (for now ?) because they kept z0r alive. So I guess with the closure of the board we won't be able to upload new flash loops? I really hope one day we will see us again with new board posts, new comments and of course new flash loops. Hope dies last.
z0r is love - z0r is life

(23-05-2018, 19:39)Highscorebreaker Joe Wrote: I know the new EU regulations can be a pain in the butt as a website operator. But is it really necessary to close an entire board and comment section to satisfy the new regulations? Aren't there other solutions? In fact I am not a lawyer but it seems strange to me that you are forced to take these drastic actions.

It's a huge bummer for me to say goodbye to our community (for now ?) because they kept z0r alive. So I guess with the closure of the board we won't be able to upload new flash loops? I really hope one day we will see us again with new board posts, new comments and of course new flash loops. Hope dies last.

True.

Anyway, thanks for all the good times Smile

Well, im not a lawyer either, but as far as i understand from the new regulations i would have to get consent retro-active for all data collected before the new regulations become effective (25.05).
This includes email-adresses as far as i know.
Since i dont know how to get this permission from everyone, the only option for me right now is wiping everything.

Disqus is also a issue, since i have to detail how i use and store your data (and even your ip adress is personal data!). This means if i include Disqus code and my site directs you to load from the Disqus servers i also have to inform you about how THEY use and store your data.
And thats only like the tip of the iceberg, cookies now require a opt-in (instead of the opt-out before), wich is completely ridiculous. I mean, if you dont want cookies, just disable them in your browser. Seriously, what the fuck.

I honestly think most sites are not compliant to the new regulation, and there will be a shit-ton of warning orders ("Abmahnungen") in the comming days. Fuck, i dont even know if all these measures i take are even enough. Im just trying to reduce my attack surface as much as possible. This is truely a horrible time to be a EU-citizen and own a website.

If i dont understand the regulations correctly im glad to be corrected. Maybe i just overreact, but that is how much i understand from what ive read.
I'm really sad i have to close the forums, even if there is nearly no activity here anymore. I'd gladly keep everything as-is, if possible.
There is a theory wich states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

(23-05-2018, 21:44)eins Wrote: if i include Disqus code and my site directs you to load from the Disqus servers i also have to inform you about how THEY use and store your data.

Disqus is of different opinion:

Quote:In most all cases, unless a publisher integrates Disqus with their own user management system through Single Sign-On (SSO), users sign-up and login to comment through Disqus. This makes Disqus a controller and we are taking necessary steps to ensure we have lawful basis for the collection of personal data that is necessary for using Disqus to comment on publisher sites.

Publishers may receive questions from visitors of their site about the data that Disqus may store about them. Publishers can refer these users to us at https://disqus.com/support/

Okay, i think its possible to save the Disqus comments.
Its pretty much "they have your data, so its their problem". I formulated some explaination like that. I also now force https encryption on z0r.de since any data you input has to be send encrypted.

Still reading about the board though. I hope to be able to keep it, but i'm really not sure about the laws and i find conflicting statements.  Undecided

(24-05-2018, 13:29)eins Wrote: Okay, i think its possible to save the Disqus comments.
Its pretty much "they have your data, so its their problem". I formulated some explaination like that. I also now force https encryption on z0r.de since any data you input has to be send encrypted.

Still reading about the board though. I hope to be able to keep it, but i'm really not sure about the laws and i find conflicting statements.  Undecided

You do what all the other companies are doing: spam everyone's email with a GDPR email. You have probably gotten some GDPR spam in your inbox, just read up on them. Those emails thankfully explain how they made their sites compliant, you can do the same to your site as well. You should be able to get compliant ads as well, you just make the ads non-targeted. Oh and another thing, add a cookie warning to the website.
Where is the king? [Image: u60P2Qh.png]

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016